Global Mathlympic Competition 2023
This prestigious Math Olympiad competition invites all Grades 4 – 8 Mathlympics finalists across Asia to compete in a concept competition that poses carefully curated questions that draw on the overarching theme of Visual-Spatial Intelligence and Mathematics.
We would like to thank all our contestants for participating in the MCE Global Mathlympics 2023! Congratulations!
Zhu Yixuan, Nanyang Primary School
Top Country Winners
- Indonesia: Irvin Jayden Wibowo, Tzu Chi School
- Pakistan: Baseej Mehdi, Beaconhouse PECHS Karachi
- Philippines: Adrienne Geraldine Tan Co, Immaculate Conception Academy
- Singapore: Zhu Yixuan, Nanyang Primary School
- Thailand: Boonyawat Poomongkolpipat, Shrewsbury International School
- Wu Chongxi Orson, Nanyang Primary School, Singapore
- Chatdanai Limsirirangsan, Krabi International School, Thailand
- Wang Zihan Hector, Tao Nan School, Singapore
- Lim Jun Ting Skyler, Tao Nan School, Singapore
- Liu Siyuan, Tao Nan School, Singapore
- Maxwell Damian Setia, Merlion School, Indonesia
- Micah Diane Co Dy, Uno High School, Philippines
- Thanaphat Jenjirawattana, Satit Prasarnmit International Programme, Thailand
- Zhu Yuncheng, Nanyang Primary School, Singapore
- Michio Mocca Siman, Tzu Chi School, Indonesia
- Juan Mateo Jarantilla Desuasido, Reedley International School, Philippines
- Bhurin Vivaddhanakasem, Shrewsbury International School, Thailand
- Denise Phoebe Lim Chua, Uno High School, Philippines
- Alyssa Ng Jing Xuan, Tao Nan School, Singapore
- Ren Hyunki Ang, Xin Zhong School, Indonesia
- Roric Paul P. Paet, Liceo De San Pablo, Philippines
- Dhravarin Bhuanantanondh, Singapore International School of Bangkok, Thailand
- Ryan Gavin O. Balares, PAREF Northfield School for Boys, Philippines
- Levi Jet Yu Ong, Xavier School San Juan, Philippines
- Rohan Tj G. Rombaoa, Academy of Saint John - La Salle Greenhills Supervised, Philippines
- Patsawaj Wong-Aek, Plookpanya School, Thailand
- Aiza Umer, Nordic International School Lahore, Pakistan
- Mary Alizon A. Recosana, The Canossa School Incorporated, Philippines
- Ynico Matthew P. Paet, Liceo De San Pablo, Philippines
- Matthew Archiello Tosca, SD Palm Kids Palembang, Indonesia
- Mohib Ahmed, Nordic International School Lahore, Pakistan
Step 1: Click on 'Add to Cart'.
Step 2: Select the number of students participating.
Step 3: Make payment via Credit Card, Apple Pay, Google Pay.
Step 4: Confirmation email sent via registered email (if you do not receive the confirmation, please check your Junk Mail.
Step 5: In the confirmation email, click on the online form to complete the contestant registration.
18 - 19 Mar 2023
Lifelong Learning Institute
11 Eunos Rd 8, Singapore 408601
|18 Mar 2023||8.30am - 9am||Registration|
|9am - 12pm||
Mathlympic Training Session: Spatial Visualisation and Reasoning
Venue: R1 & R2 Arena, Lifelong Learning Institute
|12pm - 2pm||Lunch|
|2pm - 3.30pm||
Global Mathlympics 2023 Competition
Written Paper (1.5hrs)
|19 Mar 2023||10am - 1pm||
Guided Tour around Chinatown
|1pm - 2pm||Lunch|
|2pm - 3pm||
Prize Presentation Ceremony
Venue: Lecture Theatre, Lifelong Learning Institute.
About the Competition
The competition is open to all Grade 4 - 8 Mathlympics finalist across Asia.
What are the Topics?
All questions draw on the overarching theme of Visual-Spatial Cognition within the content areas of:
- Fractions, Percentage, Ratio in 2D figures, 3D solids
- Area, Perimeter and Volume
- 2D & 3D Perspectives
- Symmetry, Rotation of 2D figures and 3D solids
- Area, Perimeter of Circles
- Angles Properties (including Circles)
- Measures and Measurement
- Rate and Speed
Format and Duration
Duration: 1.5 hours
Mode: Written Paper
- Section A: (5 MCQ questions of 2 marks each)
- Section B: (5 open-ended questions of 3 marks each)
- Section C: (5 open-ended questions of 4 marks each)
- Section D: (5 open-ended questions of 5 marks each)
- Section E: (5 open-ended questions of 6 marks each)
Calculators may NOT be used.
Marks will be awarded for correct answers only. There will be no deduction of marks for wrong answers or unattempted questions. All decisions made by the organizers and judges will be final.
Awards and Prizes
The top student of the competition will be awarded a trophy.
Top Country Winners
Top winners from each participating country will be awarded a trophy.
Top 10 Performing Winners
The top 10 students of the competition will be awarded a medal, excluding the Global Champion.
All remaining contestants will be awarded to all participants.
A certificate of participation will be awarded to all students.
How do I sign up?
Competition Entry Fee: SGD $380* (excl. taxes). To participate in the competition, simply add to cart and complete payment before 20 Feb 2023.
When is the closing date for registration?
Registration will be closed on the 20 Feb 2023.
What does the competition entry fee covers?
The one-time competition entry fee entitles the participant to gain access to our Global Mathlympics competition, training and related resources.
It does not include the participant's personal travel expenses such as flight, accommodation, travel insurance and shopping.
All participants are required to make their own travel arrangement for this competition.
Do you have a recommended hotel?
We recommend Aqueen Hotel Paya Lebar (Google Maps) which is a 7 mins walk from our event venue, Lifelong Learning Institute and the nearest Paya Lebar MRT Station.
Can we use calculators for the competition?
No, calculators are NOT allowed in the global round of the competition.
Is an accompanying adult a mandatory requirement for this event?
All participating students are encouraged to travel with adult company. We recommend either a participating school’s teacher or their respective parents to accompany the students. However, it will not be a mandatory requirement.
As an accompanying adult, can I join the event?
Parents and teachers are not allowed to sit in for the training and competition on 18 March 2023. However, you are invited to join our lunch and awards ceremony on 19 March 2023.
I have other questions. Who can I contact?
Marshall Cavendish Education
Terms & Conditions
- Registration fee are non-refundable or exchangeable for products/ services.
- The organisers reserve the rights to amend the terms and conditions without prior notice.
- Winners will be informed by partners, depending on the information given.
- Winners will be selected based on the results and results are final.
- Prizes are non-transferable and not-for-sale. No cash alternatives will be offered. If due to circumstances beyond the Partner's control, the Partner is unable to provide the stated Prize or any part thereof, the Partner reserves the right to substitute the prize with an item of equal or greater value, to be determined at the Partner’s sole discretion.
- Late registration will not be entertained.
Official Payment Partner